Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ORA-01034 ORACLE NOT AVAILABLE
Oracle DBA Forums > Oracle > Oracle Forum
xxyyzz
Hi everyone,
I am new to Oracle and infact I got this setup from someone else so I kind of picked it up while it is in production. Now, after a month, I am seeing this problem.

Setup
------

Oracle client 1 (windows 2k)------------------------|
|
|-------------------(Redhat Linux)Oracle server
|
|
Oracle client 2 (Redhat Linux)-----------------------|

Right now, the problem is I make enquiries on both 1521 as well as another port 1433 from OC2 to the server

When I make a connection on 1521, it goes through fine and I can do queries but when I initiate a connection on 1433, it shows the following error

ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-27101: Shared memory realm does not exist

Can someone please help also, if you can give me a quick guide on starting oracle on both 1521 and on 1433
so that, if by chance next time if this goes down, I will know how to start both up

Thanks
Steve
By default, Oracle has nothing to do with Oracle port 1433, so it's probably a custom configuration. I'm guessing the listener on port 1433 is pointing to an invalid Oracle Home or SID.

Can you please login to your Oracle server as the oracle user and grab the contents of this file:

$ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/listener.ora

As the oracle user, the $ORACLE_HOME environment variable will probably be defined.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.