Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Running root.sh more than once
Oracle DBA Forums > Oracle > Oracle Forum
Manny
I am trying to correct NMO NOT SETUID-ROOT (UNIX-ONLY) error. On production database (9..7). Googlng this error - it says to run root.sh as root. should this be run in /usr/local/bin. which is the default location.

I don't believe that there would be any problems - but would like some confirmation -to be safe.

Thanks for your help.
crottykt
I'm a little confused, did you run the root.sh when you installed Oracle? That is important as it sets file permissions necessary for Oracle. If you didn't run it, or have run it already, it will be safe to run it. Just make sure you do run it as the 'root' user - hence the name of the script - root.sh.
Steve
QUOTE (Manny @ Aug 10 2007, 10:19 AM) *
I am trying to correct NMO NOT SETUID-ROOT (UNIX-ONLY) error. On production database (9..7). Googlng this error - it says to run root.sh as root. should this be run in /usr/local/bin. which is the default location.

I don't believe that there would be any problems - but would like some confirmation -to be safe.

Thanks for your help.

It sounds like you didn't run it when you first installed Oracle. The default location is $ORACLE_HOME/root.sh. Just run it as root and you're home free.
vishith
steve can you please tell me why shud we run this OraInstroot,sh??
SteveC
QUOTE (vishith @ Dec 16 2011, 09:28 AM) *
steve can you please tell me why shud we run this OraInstroot,sh??

Do you mean aside from the obvious fact that the installation instructions tell you do so?
Open and the script and see for yourself what it does.
burleson

>> Open and the script and see for yourself what it does.

NEVER run a script just to "see" what it does.

LEARN to read a shell script, they have a book for that:

http://www.rampant-books.com/book_0701_shell_scripting.htm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.