Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oracle database writing is slow
Oracle DBA Forums > Oracle > Oracle Forum
krishnaprasad K
Dear All,

We are using one software it is a test tool for verify the data base posting speed from server to client systems. In windows 2008 R2, database posting speed is very slow when compare to windows 2003 server .

Server configuration is same for both servers ( RAID 5 , RAM 4 GB)

Please give me any solution for how we can improve writing performance in Oracle

Thank you for Advance.

With Regards,
Krishnaprasad
burleson
Hi Krishna,

Slow performance get what what you get when trying to run a database on a personal computer.

rolleyes.gif Windows "servers" are just glorified PC's.

The PC I'm on now has 8 gig RAM and super fast disks (for a PC) and costs under $1,000.

Buying nre server (Uning Linux aill make everuthong faster (unless you have a netwotk latcncy oisdsie (check iostat)

>> RAID 5

RAID 5 causes MASSIVE updTE/DELETE INSEET DELAYS!

There are two types of I/O. and you are looking for "db file sequential reads":

Read this carefully

http://www.dba-oracle.com/art_disk_iostat.htm

Most PC's have disk times between 15-20 milli-seconds . . . .

If you want doagnostics scripts, see here:

http://www.dba-oracle.com/oracle_scripts.htm

>> We are using one software it is a test tool for verify the data base posting speed from server to client systems

That's not a simple program, becsuse it is the sum of:

- database time (See here jhow to tune inserts (
- OS transfer time (SQL*Message from client)

>> In windows 2008 R2, database posting speed is very slow when compare to windows 2003 server .

Krishna, In sum,Windows is difficult to tune, buggy (weekly patches), and I would recommend and after you checl uyour nework speed, upgrade to a $20 K Linux server with SSD.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.