Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Auditing
Oracle DBA Forums > Oracle > Oracle Forum
faustoleuci
Hi to all!
I'm novice of oracle DBAdministration.
I would like to know how could i have a complete trace of every operations performed on a db by a schema user!
I have 3 schemas. I want to create another schema which has access to others three. I have to trace every operation (insert, update, grant etc) performed by the users which log in thin schema.
Does any tools exist ?
Thanks a lot for the reply.
SteveC
Look up auditing in the documentation. Do you need help finding the docs online provided by Oracle?
faustoleuci
Yes, but i would like to have, for example, after an update, the past record and actual record.
Is it possible?
SteveC
Then you would have to create a history or archive table to capture the current record. And a means, either by direct code or by a trigger, to copy the current record (and what action was taking place) to the history table.
cagataycebi
Maybe you can use flashback_transaction_query table to see undo sql statements. These statements will give clue about the table before its change.

Auditing is a huge topic. But as a start, you can look at fine grained audit. Or open trace for users. If you use trace method, you have to parse them later. It can be a little more tricky than using fine grained audit. But you will catch most of the statements that is going to be needed.
HAL9000
"I would like to know how could i have a complete trace of every operations performed on a db by a schema user!"

Here are some good notes:

http://www.dba-oracle.com/art_builder_prop...or_auditing.htm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.