Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is Oracle Gateway 32 bit compitable with Windows Server 64 bit
Oracle DBA Forums > Oracle > Oracle Forum
traveller
Gurus:

Please help me to identify this question. I need to install Oracle Gateway on Windows 64 bit server for Oracle 10.2.0.3 database. because there is no 64 bit Oracle Gateway released. I have to use this 32 bit Gateway coming with Oracle DB 11.1.0.1. Is this 32 bit Gateway compitable with 64 bit server? Can I install this 32 bit Gateway in the same Oracle_Home or I have to install it in another Oracle_Home? I think it should be in another Oracle_Home. But want to get more information and advice from you guys. Thanks in advance.
SteveC
Question identified: What does the installation guide say?
burleson
Do what the install docs recommends:

http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B283.../b31043/toc.htm
traveller
Thanks each of you for your advice. I have looked at these installation guide. They all didn't mention the 32 bit gateway can be installed on 64 bit DB server or not. Only tells me that gateway 11.1 32 bit is certified with Oracle 10.2.0.3 + patch 5965763 or 10.2.0.4. Any comments?

QUOTE (SteveC @ Jul 31 2008, 08:24 PM) *
Question identified: What does the installation guide say?
burleson
Hi,

>> They all didn't mention the 32 bit gateway can be installed on 64 bit DB server or not.

In general, 32-bit software will run fine on a 64-bit server.

I've installed 32-bit Oracle on a 64-bit server, no problem, but I've never used the gateway product.

My guess is that it will be fine . . . .

To be 100% sure, open an SR and ask Oracle tech support . . . .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.