Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EBS
Oracle DBA Forums > Oracle > Oracle Forum
Francisco Riccio
Hi everyone, i need to disable the FND_MESSAGE_ENCRYPTION profile option in the Oracle EBS but i don't know how to do it, please i need this help.
Thank you very much,
Regards.
HAL9000
Francisco, I've never heard of the FND_MESSAGE_ENCRYPTION profile, sorry.

Can you call Oracle tech support?

Does this help?

http://www.integrigy.com/security-resource...sword_Issue.pdf

The APPLSYS.FND_USER table contains all the application accounts. There are two passwordcolumns in this table: ENCRYPTED_FOUNDATION_PASSWORD and ENCRYPTED_USER_PASSWORD.

Column ValueEncryption Key ENCRYPTED_FOUNDATION_PASSWORD APPS passwordusername/password ENCRYPTED_USER_PASSWORD user passwordAPPS passwordThese two columns provide for a two-way encryption of the passwords

1. if you know a username and password, you can get the APPS password = ENCRYPTED_FOUNDATION_PASSWORD

2. if you know the APPS password, you can get any user's password = ENCRYPTED_USER_PASSWORD
SteveC
In the entire search universe of Google, a search on FND_MESSAGE_ENCRYPTION results in one hit: your question here. That may be a clue about asking for something that doesn't exist. I have over 5700 profile options in an 11.5.9 database, nothing even remotely close to FND_MESSAGE_ENCRYPTION exists.
Francisco Riccio
If i asked for this variable is because my client has writen to Oracle and Oracle gave it.
Now i have to see how to change or view this variable and i don't know how?, and i can't say my client.
So somebody knows as see the FND_MESSAGE_ENCRYPTION. It is in Oracle Business Suite and not to level of Database.
Regards.

QUOTE (SteveC @ Jul 31 2008, 10:50 AM) *
In the entire search universe of Google, a search on FND_MESSAGE_ENCRYPTION results in one hit: your question here. That may be a clue about asking for something that doesn't exist. I have over 5700 profile options in an 11.5.9 database, nothing even remotely close to FND_MESSAGE_ENCRYPTION exists.
burleson
>> It is in Oracle Business Suite and not to level of Database.

No, it isn't. It's NOT part of Oracle Apps, Steve Callan confirmed that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.