Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OFA Oracle Financial Analyzer
Oracle DBA Forums > Oracle > Oracle Forum
Francisco Riccio
Hi everyone, i want to know how can i via command or some console see the language that uses my Oracle Financial Analyzer, if somebody knows it please write.
Thank you very much,.
Regards,
HAL9000
"see the language that uses my Oracle Financial Analyzer"

Why would you want to know what language it's written in?

I'm almost positive that it's been compiled anyway, so all you will see is object code.

Try here:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/html/A96138_01/u_01ch.html
Francisco Riccio
Hi, i guess that i don't express very well, i refer the language such as English, Spanish etc.
My client have asked me about that language (Spanish or english) they have installed the Oracle Financial Analyzer in their prod, qa and dev servers.
Somebody knows where can i see it, some command that gives it?

QUOTE (HAL9000 @ Jul 31 2008, 08:00 AM) *
"see the language that uses my Oracle Financial Analyzer"

Why would you want to know what language it's written in?

I'm almost positive that it's been compiled anyway, so all you will see is object code.

Try here:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/html/A96138_01/u_01ch.html
burleson
Hi Francisco,

>> Somebody knows where can i see it, some command that gives it?

Ah, you did not check the docs, eh?

http://download.oracle.com/docs/html/A87523_01/i_02cha4.htm

The installed files also include a set of language database files. There is one file for each supported language. The file names use the format ofaxxx.db, where xxx is a three-character identifier for a specific language.

You can quickly search for these files names!

Also:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/html/A87522_01/u_18ch2.htm

If you will be using a language other than English, ensure that your browser is set to that language. The browser's language setting determines the language in which the application is displayed.

and

If you are logging in on a Super administrator workstation, you must complete these additional steps:

You will be asked to select a language. The language that you select will be the system-wide language for entering object descriptions into Financial Analyzer. Select the desired language, then choose OK.

You will be asked to verify the language that you selected. Make sure that the selected language is the correct one, then choose Yes.
Francisco Riccio
Thanks a lot for your quick answer.
I checked the /code subdirectory inside the server and found many language files (french, korean, spanish, etc) which led me to think those are the languages supported by the application, not the languages in which the server is installed. The latter is what I need to address.
The issue is how can I look/configure the setting done during the installation of the server, described in the attached pdf.

Thanks in advance.
SteveC
If you were a programmer - in any language - you would know what to look for in terms of telltales of your language. If Java, you would know to look for jar and class files. If C++, exe and dll files, and so on. The fact you know none of this makes me wonder why you would even begin to care what languages are used in this product.

You pasted in part of what the installer does. You can't even figure out where to look on the file system to see which and what types of files were installed, and then Google them?

I could tell you this product uses language X. So what? What possible meaning or relevance would that have to you?
Francisco Riccio
I guess that you didn't read about "language" that i wrote.
When i wrote about language of OFA, i refer about English, Spanish, the language that is set up in my OFA and not about Language about c++, java, net etc.
Regards

QUOTE (SteveC @ Aug 2 2008, 12:48 AM) *
If you were a programmer - in any language - you would know what to look for in terms of telltales of your language. If Java, you would know to look for jar and class files. If C++, exe and dll files, and so on. The fact you know none of this makes me wonder why you would even begin to care what languages are used in this product.

You pasted in part of what the installer does. You can't even figure out where to look on the file system to see which and what types of files were installed, and then Google them?

I could tell you this product uses language X. So what? What possible meaning or relevance would that have to you?
aussie_dba
Francisco,

"The issue is how can I look/configure the setting done during the installation of the server"

It looks like it's in the OFA Super administrator workstation, specifically the "language" option:

You will be asked to select a language. The language that you select will be the system-wide language for entering object descriptions into Financial Analyzer. Select the desired language, then choose OK.

If that does not help, I would open an SR with tech support.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.