Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Configure Java JDBC client with Oracle connection manager + RAC
Oracle DBA Forums > Oracle > Oracle Forum
Giridhar S
Hi All,

I have setup a cluster with 2 Oracle 10g RAC instances hosted in rac1 and rac2 servers. I have a requirement to have my application server (hosted in Tomcat or WLS) to be configured to connect to Oracle OCM (hosted in proxy server). My applications are hosted in server1 and server2 machines. I want the connection pools on these app instances to connect to the RAC via the OCM. Can somebody Please guide me how I can achieve this?

I have configured my app to connect to RAC. The DB URL "jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(LOAD_BALANCE=ON)(FAILOVER=ON)(ADDRESS_LIST=
(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=10.1.40.44)(PORT=1521))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST
=
10.1.40.43)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=rac)(SERVER=DEDICATED)))" works perfectly fine.

In the proxy server, I have configured CMAN.ora file like this:

CMAN = (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=10.1.40.5)(PORT=1621))

CMAN_ADMIN = (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=10.1.40.5)(PORT=1650))

CMAN_RULES = (RULE_LIST =
(RULE = (SRC=10.1.30.3)
(DST=10.1.40.5)
(SRV=oraclerac)
(ACT=ACC)
))

CMAN_PROFILE = (PARAMETER_LIST=
(MAXIMUM_RELAYS=8) # Default is normally too small
(LOG_LEVEL=1)
(TRACING=NO)
(SHOW_TNS_INFO=YES)
(RELAY_STATISTICS=NO)

However, I am unable to configure my app to talk to RAC via OCM. Should I install Oracle client on the servers hosting my app instances and configure tnsnames.ora to point to RAC? How will the TCP connection initiated by my app instances be first routed to proxy server hosting OCM and then onto RAC? In this case, will the TCP connection initiated by my app be terminated at the OCM and OCM opens a new TCP connection? Please help.

Thanks,
Giri
burleson
Hi Giri,

Here are notes on connecting via CMAN and JDBC:

http://dba.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=13250
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.