Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IMP-00085
Oracle DBA Forums > Oracle > Oracle Forum
krmreddy
Hi all,

I tried to import schema from one user to another user on my windows vista PC, there was only one export file. and I mentioned that export file name in my import command. But its throwing

IMP-00085: multiple input files specified for unbounded export file ERROR

could some one help me out.

Thanks in advance.
SteveC
Oracle Error :: IMP-00085

multiple input files specified for unbounded export file
Cause

You specified multiple file names for the FILE parameter when doing an import, but the header in the export file indicates that that the export operation could create only one file. Specifying multiple file names is valid for an import operation only if the export files were created by an export operation in which the user specified a non-zero value for the FILESIZE parameter.
Action

If you believe the export contains multiple files, verify that you have specified the correct files. If you believe the export should be in only one file then try the import operation again, but specify only one value for the FILE parameter.
krmreddy
QUOTE (SteveC @ Jul 20 2008, 07:56 PM) *
Oracle Error :: IMP-00085

multiple input files specified for unbounded export file
Cause

You specified multiple file names for the FILE parameter when doing an import, but the header in the export file indicates that that the export operation could create only one file. Specifying multiple file names is valid for an import operation only if the export files were created by an export operation in which the user specified a non-zero value for the FILESIZE parameter.
Action

If you believe the export contains multiple files, verify that you have specified the correct files. If you believe the export should be in only one file then try the import operation again, but specify only one value for the FILE parameter.

Hi StevC, thanks for your response.

Here is my import command.

IMP RAJA/MAHENDRA FILE=C:\BACKUPS\SCOTT.DMP FROM USER SCOTT TO USER RAJA IGNORE=Y

I mentioned only one name for FILE and I could see only one export file on my disc at above location (C:\BACKUPS\SCOTT.DMP) . For export command I have not mention any size, and I could see it accupied 22k on disk.(Its is a small database for practice on my Laptop).

I appreciate your response.
dave
your commands are wrong

FROMUSER and TOUSER are one word, not two words, you are also missing an = sign

a simple imp help=y would have helped you out here
krmreddy
QUOTE (dave @ Jul 21 2008, 01:19 AM) *
your commands are wrong

FROMUSER and TOUSER are one word, not two words, you are also missing an = sign

a simple imp help=y would have helped you out here

Thank you Dave, I tried it again. I finished importing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.