Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RMAN
Oracle DBA Forums > Oracle > Oracle Forum
Neethul Raveendran
Hii,
I have a question in RMAN. How to import the data's which is backed up by RMAN. Can you please help now?
SteveC
You mean how to restore/recover using RMAN. There is no import (or export) involved when using RMAN. What are you trying to do?
Neethul Raveendran
QUOTE (SteveC @ Jul 17 2008, 07:56 AM) *
You mean how to restore/recover using RMAN. There is no import (or export) involved when using RMAN. What are you trying to do?

Hi steve,

Actually my question is,

Generally we will use EXP/IMP utility to trasnsfer user schemas or whole data from one database to another database.That means we are taking logical backups( i.e export from one database and then using the dmp file we import that data into another database.)

So my question is apart from EXP/IMP untility is there any way to take logical backup of schemas and import that data into another database .

If i take backup using RMAN then i will get one backupset number so can i import the data using that backupset number? or could you please suggest options for me any other alternative technique.

Please feel free to ask for any further info you need from my side.
cr1sp1
Hi Neethul,

If you are using 10G, maybe look at the datapump utility. RMAN is purely for used for backup and recovery. If you take a backup with RMAN you will restore the entire database and not import a specific schema only.

Regards,
Neethul Raveendran
QUOTE (cr1sp1 @ Jul 17 2008, 10:25 AM) *
Hi Neethul,

If you are using 10G, maybe look at the datapump utility. RMAN is purely for used for backup and recovery. If you take a backup with RMAN you will restore the entire database and not import a specific schema only.

Regards,

Well Chris thanks a lot for your quick reply.

I will check it out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.