Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oracle Training Question
Oracle DBA Forums > Oracle > Oracle Forum
Devi
Hi

I am very interested in learning the Oracle developer course either DBA or pl/sql developer, I am working as a database QA. I have good experience with SQL.I can able to work with all types of joins and all types of sql statements. which is best for me DBA or DEVELOPER course. I can able to read the procedures also.but I never write my self.

please suggest options for me which is best to move into the oracle development.and please suggest do we have any oracle training courses avaialble online for chaper rate. b/z my employer will not bare the expenses, I need to pay it from my pocket.

Any information would be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks
burleson
Hi,

>> I am very interested in learning the Oracle developer course either DBA or pl/sql developer,

Do you have the appropriate college beckground in IT or Computer science?

Here are notes on how to become a DBA:

http://www.dba-oracle.com/t_how_to_become_an_oracle_dba.htm

If you have not been studying CS or IT, I would consider the developer training, but beware, most companies require at least a bachelors degree.

>> please suggest do we have any oracle training courses avaialble online for chaper rate.

By and large, all of the online training courses suck, badly. If you cannot aford quality hands-on Oracle training, I would wait untl you find an employer who will get it for you.
SteveC
The self-study route includes these books:

Oracle PL/SQL Tuning Expert Secrets for High Performance Programming
http://www.rampant-books.com/book_2006_1_plsql_tune.htm

O'Reilly PL/SQL books - programming and workbook

Prentice Hall - Oracle PL/SQL and Programming Oracle (plus others)

Wrox - Oracle Programming

Oracle docs - Application Developer Guide

So, for the cost of several books, reading them and working exercises, you will be in decent shape.
Devi
Thank you for the Information steve.

Devi.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.