Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Renaming databases in Grid Control
Oracle DBA Forums > Oracle > Oracle Forum
Oraclelearner
Hello,

could anyone please tell me if there is a way to rename databases in OEM Grid Control without having to drop and rediscover them?

Any help will be much appreciated

Regards,
Oraclelearner
SteveC
This is after you've renamed the database within the RDBMS (e.g., dbnewid, create controlfile)?
Oraclelearner
QUOTE (SteveC @ Jul 16 2008, 01:58 PM) *
This is after you've renamed the database within the RDBMS (e.g., dbnewid, create controlfile)?

Hi Steve,

one of our DBA added about 50 of our databases to Grid Control. The DBA manager doesn't like the way the databases are named; the database named for example: orcl. I would like to know if there is a way to renamed so orcl can show up as 10g_orcl_report.

By the way steve, I enjoy reading your articles in DatabaseJournal

Thanks,
Oraclelearner
SteveC
I don't have this set up at work, but you could try aliasing the SID in tnsnames.ora (copy ORCL's info and rename the first line to 10g_orcl_report; for sure that works in SQL*Plus for connecting, but the database name stays the same, and pretty sure that is what is reflected on the display in GC/EM/Database Control).
Oraclelearner
QUOTE (Oraclelearner @ Jul 16 2008, 02:08 PM) *
Hi Steve,

one of our DBA added about 50 of our databases to Grid Control. The DBA manager doesn't like the way the databases are named; the database named for example: orcl. I would like to know if there is a way to renamed so orcl can show up as 10g_orcl_report.

By the way steve, I enjoy reading your articles in DatabaseJournal

Thanks,
Oraclelearner

I'll give that a try

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.