Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parches - Oracle database
Oracle DBA Forums > Oracle > Oracle Forum
Francisco Riccio
Hi everyone, i have to do a installing of Parches in a Oracle 10.2.0.3.0, so my question is How Do i apply a partche, what kind of considerations i must have, first i must shutdown the database or in hot please give me a step to step about it.
Thank you very much for it.
SteveC
If you have the patch, you must (legally) have a support contract with Oracle. To have obtained the patch, you must have downloaded it from MetaLink or initiated a service request to have the patch CD mailed to you. To that extent, how is it you have not read anything on MetaLink about patching, or the patch readme that accompanies the software?
Francisco Riccio
QUOTE (SteveC @ Jul 11 2008, 12:22 PM) *
If you have the patch, you must (legally) have a support contract with Oracle. To have obtained the patch, you must have downloaded it from MetaLink or initiated a service request to have the patch CD mailed to you. To that extent, how is it you have not read anything on MetaLink about patching, or the patch readme that accompanies the software?

Yes i have my account in the metalink but i don't know how to start, if i must download the database first etc?
HAL9000
Hi Dransisco,

"i have my account in the metalink but i don't know how to start"

Start by loggin-on to MetaLink.

", if i must download the database first etc?"

Next, click the patches tab, and follow the step-by-step instructions for locating your exact release and platform.

"Parches in a Oracle 10.2.0.3.0,"

Are you taling about the CPU for this release?

Here are step-by-step directions for getting and applying patches:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/support/patches.htm

"You must have a MetaLink account to download patch sets. To register for MetaLink, you will need a valid Support Identifier (CSI). Please go to http://metalink.oracle.com/ for more information.

Once an account is established, you can download patch sets from MetaLink by clicking on the Patches tab. Please contact Oracle Support by logging an iTAR at MetaLink for any questions regarding patch sets."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.