Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Manual Database Creation
Oracle DBA Forums > Oracle > Oracle Forum
Oraclelearner
I am having a problem creating a new databae on a windows 2003 server. When I execute the script to create the database. I am getting the following error message.

ORA-01501: CREATE DATABASE not successfull ORA-01100:
Database already MOUNT

can anyone provide any suggestions?

Regards,
Oraclelearner
SteveC
You are creating a database on top of an existing one (the error message tells you that bit of information, should try reading and understanding them).
Oraclelearner
QUOTE (SteveC @ Jul 9 2008, 11:34 AM) *
You are creating a database on top of an existing one (the error message tells you that bit of information, should try reading and understanding them).

Steve,

There is no other database installed on this box. This is a brand new server on which I am doing a new install.
SteveC
I beg to differ. What is the service name/SID you are trying to create? It is already in existence. You can't create a database named X on top of an existing database named X - regardless of the status: unmounted, mounted, or open.
Oraclelearner
QUOTE (SteveC @ Jul 9 2008, 12:14 PM) *
I beg to differ. What is the service name/SID you are trying to create? It is already in existence. You can't create a database named X on top of an existing database named X - regardless of the status: unmounted, mounted, or open.

Ok Steve, I will look into it.

Thanks for your help
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.