Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Statspack report Questions
Oracle DBA Forums > Oracle > Oracle Forum
Zaheer
Hi Guys,
I would really appreciate if somebody could give me answers for the following questions.

1.What should be the minimal, optimal and max value of Physical reads in Statspack report?
2.What should be the minimal, optimal and max value of Physical writes in Statspack report?
3.What should be the minimal, optimal and max value of Logical Reads in Statspack report?
4.What should be the minimal, optimal and max value of Transactions in Statspack report?
5.What should be the minimal, optimal and max value of Buffer Nowait in Statspack report?
6.Does these values depend on one another?

I want to know all these values to validate my statspack report.

Please HELP.

Thanks
Zaheer
SteveC
You can't ask for values (across the board) in this manner because that is not how Oracle works. If you want no load on the system, then how about 0 physical reads, 0 physical writes, 0 logical reads, etc? Get the point? You need to go back to the docs and read up on what these statistics represent. Plus, no one can give you values because no one else but you knows how your system operates or what normal usage looks like. The statistics can be compared in relation to one another, but without values or a report to look at, the question at this point is pointless.
aussie_dba
"1.What should be the minimal, optimal and max value of Physical reads in Statspack report?"

So much for "there are no silly questions" . . . . .

The answer is "it depends".

If you want to interprect a statspack report paste it into http://www.statspackanalyzer.com
Zaheer
Hi SteveC and All,

Thanks for replying...
So all these values depends on Database work load and it's IO?
is this wat you say....?

then how to determind these values wether is it High/Low or Good/Bad by looking at statspack report.
is there any way?

Thanks
SteveC
Good/bad or high/low/normal answer = it depends, exactly what aussie_dba said. What is normal for your system? You have to determine what normal is. Numbers/values from my server would have very little meaning or relevance for your system. After a report is in hand, THEN and only THEN can some interpretation be done.
Zaheer
Ok.. i understand now. !!

Thanks you very much for your explanation. much appreciated.

Zaheer
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.