Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oracle dba password
Oracle DBA Forums > Oracle > Oracle Forum
pnikkos
Hi,

i have a problem logging in to the enterprise manager of oracle.

I have a server that someone else in th past had deployed an oracle database (oracle 8.1.2)
and some simple asp and html files to connect with the database.

I don't have previous experience with oracle.

I only want to log in to the enterprise manager and see the structure of the tables of the database
and deploy some asp files for specific simple transactions.

The problem that i have is that no one knows the username and passwords for the database.

I searched and i find out in an asp file, a username name, a password and the name of a database.

Is these username and password that i am looking for to connect to the database? (i tried this, but it
doesn't work).

Can i connect anyway in the database someway with not admin privileges?

Thanks anyway,
Nick
dave
no such version at 8.1.2 so check which version you are on

anyway to connect without you need to connect to the server the database runs on as the osuser who installed it (you dont mention os either) and use os authentication to log onto the database
pnikkos
Sorry, it's oracle 8.1.7 and the os is windows nt.

So, i will try the os authentication to connect with enterprise manager and
then the passwords that i told you before to connect with the specific database?

I will try it tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks,
Nick
HAL9000
"The problem that i have is that no one knows the username and passwords for the database."

Oracle is unbreakable, and that includes you.

If the passwords are lost, your only option is to have Oracle Technical Support hack you in.
dave
QUOTE (HAL9000 @ Jul 6 2008, 11:31 PM) *
"The problem that i have is that no one knows the username and passwords for the database."

Oracle is unbreakable, and that includes you.

If the passwords are lost, your only option is to have Oracle Technical Support hack you in.

or use os authentication to log in and chaneg the passwords
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.