Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OFA
Oracle DBA Forums > Oracle > Oracle Forum
Francisco Riccio
Hi everyone, i have the following question, is about OFA, i understand that it is the structure of files and directory that you can have your Oracle, but i want to know, if it is for default when your install, or if you have to do it manually or how it is in migration to OFA?
Thank you very much if somebody can help me.
Regards
andrew kerber
QUOTE (Francisco Riccio @ Jun 30 2008, 09:37 AM) *
Hi everyone, i have the following question, is about OFA, i understand that it is the structure of files and directory that you can have your Oracle, but i want to know, if it is for default when your install, or if you have to do it manually or how it is in migration to OFA?
Thank you very much if somebody can help me.
Regards

Oracle will install itself in OFA by default. Most sites however have their own flavor of OFA, which will require you to modify the default $ORACLE_BASE and $ORACLE_HOME
SteveC
Create a database via OUI, stop and take a look at the datafile layout. You will see OFA there. Issue a create database statement at the command line, and you can manually place files wherever (you can also in OUI, just takes a lot more editing).
HAL9000
"if it is for default when your install, "

No, not for your own databases. Here:

http://www.dba-oracle.com/concepts/ofa_guidelines.htm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.