Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ASM Insufficient privilege problem
Oracle DBA Forums > Oracle > Oracle Forum
VNK
Hi,

Version:10.2.0
Windows 2000

I have migrated my database to ASM database using Database control tool.
The Migration was sucessfull.I can connect ASM through Database control.
But when i connect using command prompt by

>ASMCMD

It shows error.. please Advice..The user i used to connect is in ORADBA group.

ORA-01031: insufficient privileges (DBD ERROR: OCISessionBegin)

TIA,
aussie_dba
ASM is a separate instance, you know?

You need to be properly PATH'ed to the ASM ORACLE_SID, and set-up the right grants.

ORA-01031: insufficient privileges:

Cause: An attempt was made to change the current username or password without the appropriate privilege. This error also occurs if attempting to install a database without the necessary operating system privileges. When Trusted Oracle is configure in DBMS MAC, this error may occur if the user was granted the necessary privilege at a higher label than the current login.

Action: Ask the database administrator to perform the operation or grant the required privileges. For Trusted Oracle users getting this error although granted the appropriate privilege at a higher label, ask the database administrator to re-grant the privilege at the appropriate label.
Steve
Make sure your Windows user is a member of the ORA_DBA group at the OS level. ASMCMD requires OS authentication to use, and that group is the key. Also make sure your %ORACLE_HOME% and %ORACLE_SID% environment variables are properly set to the ASM instance values.
VNK
Hi,

Thanks for your replies....

Yes I know its a seperate instance. yes i have given ORACLE_SID and ORACLE_HOME values properly..

>>Make sure your Windows user is a member of the ORA_DBA group at the OS level. ASMCMD requires OS authentication to use, and that group is the key

Yes my OS user belongs to ORA_DBA group....

I can connect the ASM using Database control but when i connect using CMD prompt its giving.

ORA-01031: insufficient privileges (DBD ERROR: OCISessionBegin)

TIA,
VNK
Hi,

Thanks for your replies....

I configured the ASM parameters and restarted the service it works fine..
Thanks again..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.