Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Datafiles
Oracle DBA Forums > Oracle > Oracle Forum
Urian
Hi guys.

I want to link a new database with some old datafiles from another database. Can it be done with just changing the path of my new CONTROLFILE to the old one????
dave
no is not possible
Urian
I have two servers with 2 databases that connect to the same datafiles (the datafiles are on shared drivers). one is primar and the other is secondar, theyre reflect each other changes.

The problem is that I need to remove one of this servers and replace it with an other, I have created an identic database in the other server,as in the server I have to remove, now I need to connect it with the shared datafiles.

WHAT CAN I DO!!!!!
limsk
You could clone the database to the server you need them on.

Check out this tip from Don Burleson:
http://www.dba-oracle.com/oracle_tips_db_copy.htm

It is not possible for two databases to share the same physical datafiles.

QUOTE (Urian @ Jun 26 2008, 08:27 PM) *
I have two servers with 2 databases that connect to the same datafiles (the datafiles are on shared drivers). one is primar and the other is secondar, theyre reflect each other changes.

The problem is that I need to remove one of this servers and replace it with an other, I have created an identic database in the other server,as in the server I have to remove, now I need to connect it with the shared datafiles.
WHAT CAN I DO!!!!!
dave
QUOTE (Urian @ Jun 26 2008, 01:27 PM) *

WHAT CAN I DO!!!!!

you really dont have two database connected to the same set of datafiles - not possible
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.