Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ORA-01013 Error
Oracle DBA Forums > Oracle > Oracle Forum
Mohan85
Dear friends,

I'm getting ORA-01013 Error while running the application. The queries are getting timed out.
Please provide me some root causes for this issue.

Oracle version : 10g

And the aplication is connected using ODP.NET. Apart from increasing the timeout property,
What are all the possible solutions to fix this issue, since this issue is becomeing very critical...
It also affects the performance of the entire database also.

Please send me some solutions ASAP.
Thanks in Advance,

Thanks Again
Mohan.
Balasubramanian
QUOTE (Mohan85 @ Jun 25 2008, 07:38 PM) *
Dear friends,

I'm getting ORA-01013 Error while running the application. The queries are getting timed out.
Please provide me some root causes for this issue.

Oracle version : 10g

And the aplication is connected using ODP.NET. Apart from increasing the timeout property,
What are all the possible solutions to fix this issue, since this issue is becomeing very critical...
It also affects the performance of the entire database also.

Please send me some solutions ASAP.
Thanks in Advance,
Thanks Again
Mohan.

Mohan--

What parameter have you changed for timeout property?

If the answer is not sqlnet.expire_time, please record the existing value and update the new value accordingly on the sqlnet .ora file.

Thanks,
Bala
burleson
Hi Mohan,

>> I'm getting ORA-01013 Error while running the application. The queries are getting timed out. Oracle version : 10g

Are you sure you are on 10g? My notes say that this error was removed in 10g and beyond:

http://www.dba-oracle.com/t_ora_01013_user...t_operation.htm

Resolving ORA-01013 is dependant upon the reason for the operation to terminated. If ORA-01013 signifies that the operation has been explicitly shut down by the user, the error in simply informational and there is nothing that can be done, other than proceeding to the next operation.

ORA-01013 may also be caused by other errors, in which proceeding errors should be resolved.

The most common cause of ORA-01013 is timeouts.

Timeouts can be a little more tricky to identify because they may not be specifically reported in connection with ORA-01013.

If a timeout is causing your ORA-01013 error in a SQL pass-through query, the properties in the timeout parameter should be altered to a higher value.
TexAgg99
QUOTE (burleson @ Jun 25 2008, 04:19 PM) *
Hi Mohan,

>> I'm getting ORA-01013 Error while running the application. The queries are getting timed out. Oracle version : 10g

Are you sure you are on 10g? My notes say that this error was removed in 10g and beyond:

Can you help clarify the potential causes for this error with 11g?

With one database only, I am getting the same error with text "User requested cancel of current operation"

I am using 11g 11.02.0030 with Visual Studio using .NET Framework Data Provider for ODBC.

I am able to connect find via Toad, and other Databases are not getting this error in VS, however.

Thanks
burleson
Hi,

ORA-01013 is known as an "information" error. It is letting you know that the operation has been cancelled by either:

• caused by the user (pressing CTRL-C or a different method like front-end application),
  • caused by a response to congruent errors OR
  • the result of timeouts.
Resolving ORA-01013 is dependant upon the reason for the operation to terminated. If ORA-01013 signifies that the operation has been explicitly shut down by the user, the error in simply informational and there is nothing that can be done, other than proceeding to the next operation.

ORA-01013 may also be caused by other errors, in which proceeding errors should be resolved.

The most common cause of ORA-01013 is timeouts. Timeouts can be a little more tricky to identify because they may not be specifically reported in connection with ORA-01013. . If a timeout is causing your ORA-01013 error in a SQL pass-through query, the properties in the timeout parameter should be altered to a higher value.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.