Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oracle Metalink Note:333079
Oracle DBA Forums > Oracle > Oracle Forum
mcastill
I wanted to see if anyone has seen this Oracle Metalink note and did it actually solve the issue of sessions disappearing? Long story short - We run a student information system called Banner and some of our users are having their sessions just disappear. They get an error on their desktop that says:

FRM-92100 - Your connection to the server was interrupted.
This may be the result of a network error,or a failure
on the server. You will need to re-establish your connection.

Thanks in advance

Mike
burleson
Hi Miks,

>> We run a student information system called Banner and some of our users are having their sessions just disappear.

I'll ask Jon Emmons to pop-in, he works for Banner . . .
SteveC
Guessing a new JAR cache is needed.
Jon Emmons
Mike,

Are you using SSL on your INB server? That can cause some issues like this. Also, check your KeepAlive parameters in Apache. Setting KeepAlive=on, KeepAliveTimeout=15 and MaxKeepAliveRequests=100 may reduce these issues.

As always, test on a test system first.

Hope this helps.

Jon
mcastill
Jon

Ok we will check those settings on Apache. I would think that more users would actually be getting this error but it is limited to only a handful of users. Also do you work for SunGard?

Thanks
Mike

QUOTE (Jon Emmons @ Jun 19 2008, 08:06 AM) *
Mike,

Are you using SSL on your INB server? That can cause some issues like this. Also, check your KeepAlive parameters in Apache. Setting KeepAlive=on, KeepAliveTimeout=15 and MaxKeepAliveRequests=100 may reduce these issues.

Hope this helps.

Jon
burleson
>> Also do you work for SunGard?

I believe that he is a DBA manager there . . . .
lorsyatenea
QUOTE (Jon Emmons @ Jun 19 2008, 02:06 PM) *
Mike,

Hope this helps.

Jon

Hello Jon,

My name is Lorsy Julio when I try to generate a report on banner students with mozilla firefox, no matter the version always happen the same thing, show the FRM-92100 error telling me that I have no conection, also, if I choose details show a long list of parameters, begining with the javaexception:java.lang.nullpointerexception.

By the other hand it work fantastic on internet explorer, but I need also mozilla firefox.

I'm attaching a image of the error.

Do you know what I have to do?

Thanks

Lorsy
Jon Emmons
Lorsy,

Do the reports you're having trouble with take a long time to run? It's strange that it works in IE but not in FF.

This would be a good problem to post to the Banner listserves. I'm sure there's another institution out there with the same problem, but I haven't seen an issue like this just with Firefox.

Mike,

Burleson is correct, I work for SGHE as a remote database administrator and team manager. I think at most institutions these parameters are set when the product is installed, so most folks don't have to worry about this.

Jon
lorsyatenea
QUOTE (Jon Emmons @ Jul 4 2008, 05:18 PM) *
Lorsy,

Do the reports you're having trouble with take a long time to run? It's strange that it works in IE but not in FF.

This would be a good problem to post to the Banner listserves. I'm sure there's another institution out there with the same problem, but I haven't seen an issue like this just with Firefox.

Mike,

Burleson is correct, I work for SGHE as a remote database administrator and team manager. I think at most institutions these parameters are set when the product is installed, so most folks don't have to worry about this.

Jon

Thanks for answer me Jon.

Usually, the interface works very well on FF but everytime that try to generate the report, show me inmediatly the error that I show you at the pic. I'd try with some versions of firefox, and other computers, but the results were always the same, I deactived the tools bar, change even the encripted parameter of the FF. Copy the file of the JInitor inside the plugin directoy of the firefox. And the same error still showing. I'm newbi at the institution, so I though thet could be something at my profile, but it happen with everyone, that's why searching at the web, I find this forum, and this line of the topic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.