This is a Net8 error! What release are you on?
ORA-28545: error diagnosed by Net8 when connecting to an agent
Cause: An attempt to call an external procedure or to issue SQL to a non-Oracle system on a Heterogeneous Services database link failed at connection initialization. The error diagnosed by Net8 NCR software is reported separately.
Action: Refer to the Net8 NCRO error message. If this isn't clear, check connection administrative setup in tnsnames.ora and listener.ora for the service associated with the Heterogeneous Services database link being used, or with 'extproc_connection_data' for an external procedure call.
I have some of my notes here:http://www.dba-oracle.com/t_database_link_...rver_oracle.htmhttp://www.dba-oracle.com/t_heterogeneous_..._sql_server.htm
1. Install Oracle ODBC drivers on the server (your local Oracle database) that will access the remote SQL Server database using the database link.
2. Setup the ODBC connection on the local Oracle database using the Windows ODBC Data Source Administrator
3. Test the ODBC drivers to ensure that connectivity is made to the SQL Server database.
4. Ensure that your global_names parameter is set to False.
5. Configure the Oracle Heterogeneous services by creating an initodbc.ora file within the Oracle database.
7. Modify the Listener.ora file.
SID_NAME is the DSN for the remote database.
ORACLE_HOME is the actual Oracle home file path.
PROGRAM tells Oracle to use heterogeneous services.
(SID_NAME=Cas30C) -- Enter the DSN on this line
(ORACLE_HOME = c:\oracle10gdb) -- Enter your Oracle home on this line
(PROGRAM = hsodbc) ) )
8. Modify the Tnsnames.ora file. This is the Oracle database installation accessed by the users to connect to the ODBC drivers
-- (Server x)
(PORT=1521))) -- Enter the port on which the server x Oracle installation
-- is listening
(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=Cas30c)) - Enter the DSN name
(HS=OK) -- Enter this value. It tells Oracle to use hetergeneous services
9. Reload the listener on local Oracle database
10. Create a database link on the local Oracle installation that accesses the heterogeneous connection, which, in turn, connect to SQL Server.
11. Run a SQL Server Select statement from the Oracle installation using the database link.