Burleson Consulting Remote DB Administration

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HTTP listener error, HTTP service is not run
omer_pcit
post Jul 21 2004, 11:14 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 339

I install the Oracle9i database server. All the services work well. But when I install oracle9i developer suite, it close the http service and oracle forms does not run. When I run the form the following error exist.

"HTTP listener is not running on host at port 8888."

Please tell me what can i do to solve this problem?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
haconway
post Jul 21 2004, 12:38 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 106

If this is your error ==> " FRM-10142 the HTTP Listener is not running on xxxx at port 8888

You only get this error message if you either install Oracle 9iAS Release 2 or Oracle 9iDS on your windows machine.

Unlike Forms 6i, Forms 9i does not support client-server. A "FMB" run from the Forms Builder is a 'web deployed form.' To do this Forms 9i Builder needs to integrate with some form of HTTP Listener. This is provided by another component of the Oracle 9iDS Release 2 install - the OC4J (Oracle Container For J2EE).

If there is no HTTP Listener started FRM- 10142 occurs Once an OC4J instance has been started it acts as lightweight HTTP Listener enabling the developer to test the forms / reports application modules in a true web (even if only intranet) architecture.

If you install Oracle9iAS Release 2, then you are using the HTTP listener. Make sure that the HTTP server is on and test the listener. To test the HTTP listener, open your browser and type: http://machine_name.your_domain:port where the port number is either 8888 or one of the 777n ports.

If you install Oracle9iDS, then you are not using the HTTP server. You will be using an OC4J instance which will act as a listener. In order to start the OC4J instance (listener) do the following:

Click on Start > Program > Oracle9i Developer Suite > FORMS Developer > Start OC4J Instance or you can find and run the "startinst.bat" file in the Developer 9i home.

--------------------
Hope that this helps,

Harry Conway
DBA Manager
Burleson Consulting
harry@remote-dba.net

+Quote Post
Amit Yadav
post Aug 28 2007, 06:27 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 11,513

Thanks Harry! The information was quite helpful. I was also searching the web for the same problem.

But I'm facing a new problem now. After initializing the OC4J instance and running the form, i get a window saying "Loading Java Applet...". That's it, i never get to see the form. Any idea why this is happening?

-Amit Yadav

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 10:59 PM