Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No more data to read from socket
brutus.i
post May 26 2009, 12:42 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,185

Hi all.
I have an application running in weglodic server with oracle 10g enterprise edition database.
When ever i perform a particular task in a particular page , iam getting an error " No more data to read from socket".
This error is not occuring when i do the same from the backend procedure instead of java calling the procedure.

when i googled "No more data to read from socket" , it says that the db session java makes is getting stale or useless.

This db procedure uses a big object with numberous collection objects inside. When i comment out a particular piece of code ( 15 to 20 lines) where a particular collection object is getting populated , this error is not occuring.

The database server gets restarted every day so as the weglogic server.

If this is a problem with database,
could anybody tell me the diagnosis , this is actaully urgent and its only in production , and develpoment and QA environments are running fine.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dave
post May 26 2009, 10:20 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 785

QUOTE (brutus.i @ May 26 2009, 05:43 AM) *
Hi all.
I have an application running in weglodic server with oracle 10g enterprise edition database.
When ever i perform a particular task in a particular page , iam getting an error " No more data to read from socket".
This error is not occuring when i do the same from the backend procedure instead of java calling the procedure.

when i googled "No more data to read from socket" , it says that the db session java makes is getting stale or useless.

This db procedure uses a big object with numberous collection objects inside. When i comment out a particular piece of code ( 15 to 20 lines) where a particular collection object is getting populated , this error is not occuring.

The database server gets restarted every day so as the weglogic server.

If this is a problem with database,
could anybody tell me the diagnosis , this is actaully urgent and its only in production , and develpoment and QA environments are running fine.

its not a database error, so you need to look at your application

+Quote Post
gwest1972
post Jun 8 2010, 04:53 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 40,353

I posted this comment along with another thread as well... in part because I couldn't find much help for my problem in the www.

One of my companies reports developer had a similar issue: " No more data to read from socket" and the alert log specifies "Address not mapped to object"... was related specifically to selecting from a view, whose select statement had a column select, which used DISTINCT (using UNIQUE in that select caused the same issue).

Something like:
[View Select]
select column1, column2,
(select distinct mycolumn from tableX where uid = pid)
from tableY

The client side error was "java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: No more data to read from socket". Sql Developer experienced the same error.

Although the restriction of the developer's query guaranteed a single return row, there wasn't a restriction on tableX requiring it to be unique, therefore the potential to return multiple rows (which causes a separate exception) ... so, to ensure a single row return, I also had him add 'and rownum < 2' (or you can use 'and rownum = 1').

The removal of the DISTINCT keyword resolved the issue.

+Quote Post
burleson
post Jun 9 2010, 04:52 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13

With ORA-03113: No more data to read from socket, there are known bugs, check MOSC.

--------------------
Hope this helps. . .

Donald K. Burleson
Oracle Press author
Author of Oracle Tuning: The Definitive Reference

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2014 - 04:37 AM